Mark is a writer, educator and digital content creator. In 2012 he founded Springtide, and has served as the organization’s Executive Director since that time. At Springtide, Mark hosts podcasts, teaches programs, curates educational programming, and leads consulting projects for clients of Springtide. Mark splits his time between Springtide, and his own business, Sound Good Studio, where he consults on a range of education and communications projects for people and organizations with an agenda.
Over the years at Springtide, Mark has:
- Written and produced the Three Minute Citizen YouTube series
- Co-written and co-hosted the Off Script podcast series exploring the experiences of former Nova Scotia MLAs (Season One).
- Co-authored several research papers, including the Better Choices series modelling alternative voting systems for Nova Scotia and Canada.
- Hosted and moderated events, panel discussions, all-candidates debates.
- Managed consulting projects for Springtide with a range of clients including: the Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs, Elections Nova Scotia, Elections Canada, Elections Prince Edward Island, the Municipality of Digby, and more.